Welcome to Sounds on Shellac, a website devoted to our collection of vintage 78rpm gramophone records – a selection of which is now available professionally restored on CD. The records have been collected from boot sales, record fairs and second hand shops countrywide over a period of twenty years. The collection has always looked beyond the obvious to the lesser known acts,artists and genres that rarely turn up in collectors’ books.
Some of the artists and records featured here are unknown to us, if you can help with information log in and give them the credit they deserve.
MORE SOUNDS ON SHELLAC CD RELEASED – JUST £5.00!
26 new hot hits ready for you – everything from hunting instructional records to Carroll Gibbons at the piano. CD costs £5.00 including P&P.
- Birth of Radio – The Romance of the Marconiphone
- Please Leave my Butter Alone – Elsie Carlisle
- Canal St. Blues – The Yorkshire Jazz Band
- The Hunt – Hunting By Ear
- All Day Baby – Novelty Orchestra
- I Love My Chilli Bom Bom – Savoy Havana Band
- Glad Rag Doll – Crazy Otto
- Private Recording – Amsterdam
- Fire Alarm – Empire Guards Band
- Solitude – Carroll Gibbons at the Piano
- The Women’s League of Health and Beauty – Mrs Bagot-Stack
- In the Still of the Night – Roland Peachy and his Hawaiian Orchestra
- Match Parade – Jack Payne and his Orchestra
- The Polish Air Force March – The Ex-Polish Army Choir
- The Song of the Standard – Standard Cars
- Mary Lou – Ralph Ford
- Laughing Marionette – Jack Hylton and his Orchestra
- The Two Obadiah’s – George Grossmith Jnr. and Edmund Payne
- Le Petit Train – Westway Studio Orchestra
- Limehouse Blues – Borrah Minevitch and his Harmonica Rascals
- Nagasaki – Nat Gonella and his Georgians
- Motoring – Harry Tate and Company
- New Orleans Twist – Gene Gifford and his Orchestra
- Over my Shoulder – Jack Payne and his Band
- Little Girl – Joe Venuti’s Blue Four
- Hi Fiddle Diddle – Orchestra Devereaux
Volume One is still available for purchase!